Monday, October 13, 2014
2. I chose to paint a picture of a house, because I like houses and I thought it would be a fun subject.
3. I used acrylic paint and used tape to make the lines straight. For the grass I just dabbed the brush on the canvas. I used a scratchboard tool to make the bricks.
4. I used acrylic paint, tape, scratchboard tools, fine tip sharpies, and a picture for a reference.
5. I used shapes in the different parts of the house. I used lines in the bricks and the sides of the house. I used color in the grass, sky, and house. I used texture in the grass and the clouds. I used patterns in the bricks.
6. My goals were set a little high because I haven't painted in a long time and I thought it would be easier. Once I started painting I changed my goals because I didn't think it was going to turn out. I planned on having trees but time didn't allow for extra things to be added.
7. I think it turned out okay. I had high expectations at first, but once I started painting I quickly changed my expectations. So it's not what I thought it would be, but it's okay for my first painting in a long time.
8. I really liked Amanda's project, I think it was well planned out and creative because there were multiple materials used.