Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Basquiat

1. I created a colored pencil Basquiat piece. I used colored pencil, sharpie, and melted wax for this piece.
 2. I used line with the outline of the buildings and letters. I used texture with the wax drips. I used contrast with the dark city and the lighter sky. I used rhythm with the repetition of the wax.
 3. I learned that when you have to use multiple materials in a project it can make it look very unique, and different then conventional drawings. 4. I am proud of the graffiti because I think that graffiti letters are hard to make well.
5. I am not proud of: The canvas got kinda worn down and torn so it looked kind of bad in some spots.
6. The personal meaning of this piece is that no matter where you come from, you can still be creative and make interesting art.

No comments:

Post a Comment