Monday, May 21, 2012

What have you learned throughout this year?

I learned a lot this year about myself and specifically about photography. I used to like drawing things, but now I have started to take interest in photography instead. My problem with drawing is that I don't know where to start. Especially if the thing I am going to draw is really complex. But with photography its all about the shot. If it doesn't look good its ok, you can delete it an take another. I have learned about many different aspects of photography throughout the year. Things like aperture, exposure, and depth of field; which all effect the separation of the subject and background. Then there are things like shutter speed. The shutter speed can allow for a blurred motion shot, or light painting. The longer the shutter is open, the more light can come in, Which means that colors can really bloom. Or if the shutter speed is set to something like a thousandth of a second, you can freeze time. This means that splashing water will be sharp and clear. The downside to a fast shutter is that it doesn't allow for as much light to come in, so many images will come out dark unless you are in a bright area. A fast shutter speed can be helpful if you have a shaky hand, because the picture is captured almost as soon as the button is pressed. I really like photography and I plan on continuing to take photos, also with the recent release of Adobe Photoshop CS6 I am going to get the trial and learn how to use it. It would be a good experience to use a professional program like Photoshop. An explanation of each image will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment